Friday, July 24, 2015

Troll 01



TAG A TROLL!
Special Contest for Today! Our effort to beautify Saigon smile emoticon
We have a Gray Paisley Silk Seven-Fold Tie to give as a gift to help some deserving Troll get a good start towards building a positive self image!
Contest Terms:
1. Nominate a deserving troll by tagging them in the Comment section of this post.
2. Convince the troll to "Like" the Brijuni Fashion page
3. The troll who gets the most Likes to the comment with their name tagged in it by 9:00 Tuesday 20 January 2015 WINS! (Trolls may like themselves ... it IS self-confidence we're trying to build after all).
Note: Contest also open to Ogres wink emoticon
Oh, I forgot that the only condition of this contest is that the troll who wins must be currently residing in Ho Chi Minh City ... which leaves out two of my favorite trolls on this page (one in Hong Kong and the other in Indonesia) grin emoticon
Brijuni Fashion feeling crazy at House of Brijuni
Now that the "troll" attacks have died down, it has left me contemplating what could have been the catalyst that ignited them ...
The most likely cause I have c...
See More
  • 6 people like this.
  • Kenn Smith Des Snowdon, it's been rather quiet ... surely the good people of this Facebook Group are not so intimidated by the trolls that they're afraid to nominate them! wink emoticon Do you have anyone in mind, my friend?
  • Kenn Smith Really, everyone ... these trolls are not SO scary ... they're really just teddy bears heart emoticon
  • Frederick Smith Frederick Smith I could use a new tie wink emoticon Don't think I can like your page twice though..
  • David Lyonz Can't nominate Ben Robinson because I don't know his new pseudonym grin emoticon
  • Kenn Smith I think he's still Ben Robinson smile emoticon But I didn't know he was a troll ... he must hide it well!
  • Kenn Smith Frederick Smith ... are you nominating yourself?! You had me fooled ... I would have never guessed you were a troll wink emoticon
  • Kenn Smith So, I guess Frederick Smith and Ben Robinson are our two current nominees ... they can both try to encourage troll friends to "like" their nominations in order to see who wins ... unless a more popular troll comes into the competition tongue emoticon
  • David Lyonz I have enough ties. My wife is complaining about them alreadygrin emoticon
  • Kenn Smith It's ok David Lyonz ... I don't think many here would consider you a troll, my friend!
  • Kenn Smith From what I heard from one of the admins of this page, I would have thought the trolls might have already nominated either me or my buddyPhil V-Not grin emoticon
  • Kenn Smith Right Simon Bart Jonston ... and a light gray silk tie would look terrible with hamburger grease (or buggers) on it!
  • Kenn Smith Anyone fancy going to see Ben in a "bad ass chef bandana" that's gray paisley at Con Bo Map Saigon???https://www.facebook.com/conbomap.saigon?fref=ts
  • Thanh Nguyen Ben Robinson he has left this group for a long time already.Phil V-Not should be on the list tongue emoticon or I can even vote for David Lyonz
  • David Lyonz Enough ties as I said, but thanks for your support anyway.
  • Kenn Smith Ok Thanh Nguyen smile emoticon So, is Phil V-Not your official nominee?!
  • Thanh Nguyen I made it Phil since David has a lot of ties already 
  • Kenn Smith Ha ha ha! Ok, Thanh ... thank you for helping us make Saigon more beautiful ... one troll at a time grin emoticon
  • Selena Le Kenn Smith: it is not fair, where is ours, any nice gift for us- ladies?
  • Kenn Smith Good point, Selena Le! But so far, I've only had one attack from a lady troll ... and she does not qualify for the contest, because she's busy scaring fish in Indonesia as a dive instructor tongue emoticon However, if you can help me scare up a lady troll who takes the votes in this contest, I'll gladly come up with a suitable prize grin emoticon
  • Kenn Smith David Carroll, I would have thought you'd have had a troll or two to nominate for this contest, my friend smile emoticon
  • David Carroll Why yes I do Kenny Smith, I nominate two of the most negative people on FB. Jonathan Barlow and Jason Rozzier, or whatever his name is.
  • Kenn Smith Ha ha ha! I thought so David Carroll smile emoticon We can accept Jonathan Barlow, because he is still living here ... however, Jason Rou-whatever-the-heck-his-name-is does not qualify, because he is long-distance trolling from Hong Kong (see conditions at the bottom of the contest information) tongue emoticon
  • Andrzej Rafael Whaaaa? Jon likes the odd grouse, certainly, but I wouldnt class him as a troll. Even Chris Fox doesnt really troll, although he does sound like he lives under a bridge..
  • Kenn Smith So Andrzej Rafael, since you would not cast your ballot for Jon and you are coming up shy of nominating Chris, perhaps you could help us out ... we don't seem to be drawing out any nominations of particularly scary trolls (at least not ones who are still residing in HCMC) smile emoticon
  • Lan Truong Oh people are getting on here, not ASOV! Cool.
  • Jeremy Miller So um...was that first post a backhanded nomination of Des ('all you three month visa renewers get out right now' *aggressively points to exit of Vietnam*) Snowden? Because I actually would like to nominate and/or vote for the guy to win this tie (space provided here for Des to ask whether we've started packing our bags yet). 

    I'd vote for that Jason Rotisserie guy of course but as previously mentioned he's ineligible (point of inquiry: could we make an exception and mail him the damn tie?).
  • David Lyonz I definitely cast my vote for JBieber, I mean JBarlow... not because he's the biggest troll, but he's the active member of the group in greatest need of a good tie grin emoticon
  • Jeremy Miller Or what about the most excellently qualified English teacher in all of Vietnam with the least English sounding name (I keep thinking it must be a pseudonym or there's a typo or two right? Too many consonants...) Andrzej Rafael?
  • David Lyonz I hereby re-name this the "Buy Jonathon a tie" competition. I'm pretty sure Mr Rafael already has one smile emoticon
  • Jeremy Miller Haha maybe true David but Jon is too chill to be labled a troll imho. If the contest is 'nicest guy in most need of a tie' I'll change my vote.
  • Jeremy Miller I don't see a lot of stuff on here but isn't there some Viet dude here that tells like 5 people to get out of 'his' (muh entitlement) country per day or smth?
  • David Carroll Isn't there a Tuan something guy who proudly claims to be the biggest troll? He's Viet Kieu from the UK and teaches English in a polo shirt. And is into Filipino martial arts. Maybe he could use a suit.
  • Jeremy Miller Tuan (you go now!) that's who I meant.
  • Jeremy Miller Damn Mongorians!
  • David Carroll Kenny Smith? Damn, auto spell. Sorry about that Kenn Smith! And i also nominate Kha, JB's fiancee. I think they would look cute together in matching suits as she drives JB around on the motorbike. grin emoticon
  • Andrzej Rafael No typo Jeremy, and not a pseudonym in sight; those names are rather splendid just as they are, tricky consonants and all. My last name, which I dont use so that my students may not swarm me, is gloriously, nay replendently English. 
    So, are you actua
    ...See More
  • Jeremy Miller Or maybe Wayne's World...

    I dunno who's the biggest troll really. Is there anybody who posted a thread, complete with a litany of all that is wrong with this group, to announce their departure and is still here? 'Cause I have a real soft spot for "I'm outta here!" posters...


    I actually think Chris Fox would be a good nominee if not for the fact that if he's still here he's been derelict in his duties as of late.
  • David Carroll Jonathan's "This group sucks" comes close enough.
  • Thanh Nguyen Ha ha ha personally JB doesnt have a job thay require tie. Most of his picture is half naked so he cant come that close. And Chris Fox is freelance as a computer software programmer he absolutely doesnt need a tie either... The competition is tough eh
  • Lan Truong I don't get a full of conversation but I used to be in office for 15 years and I got bored while looking at guys wearing flat shirt and tie.
    It's boring I had to look at them every day in the meeting.
    I worked in products, it requires creativeness so I cut my hair like Justin Bieber and dress unlikely other formal ladies, I felt less boring.


    Now I'm casual and I feel even more flexible and enjoyable!
  • Kenn Smith Sorry everyone ... I've been a bit slow getting back to the post! Up most of the night with a sick two-year-old frown emoticon I did get an interesting Private Message this morning regarding the contest from a good friend who is a bit allergic to trolls. He wrote: " Maybe you need to define "troll" for your contest. There are different types of trolls in internet culture and some consider trolling to be a master work of art. I wouldn't label any of our locals as one of those types, simply because I don't consider them or their efforts competent, intelligent, and/or strategic enough to label any of them as true internet trolls...they're just random idiots with a keyboard.
    However, if you use the broader definition of trolls, " antisocial, quarrelsome and slow-witted creatures which make life difficult for travelers" (one definition from wikipedia), I think more people might be added to the list. I can't think of any in particular at the moment, because they all look the same to me."
  • Thanh Nguyen sounds like 1 tie is not enough Kenn haha
  • Kenn Smith So ... since there has been no clear favorite and we have just now gotten a good set of definitions to work from, I am going to leave the contest open for 12 more hours to see if we give the tie to the guy many of you feel needs it (in order to partially cover his nakedness) or to someone we can clearly see is a troll (or possibly even an ogre). grin emoticon
  • Philip Veinott just give me vouchers, i handle all things smile emoticon
  • Kenn Smith Excellent points, Simon Bart Jonston! There has been one troll mentioned here who does not qualify for the contest because he is currently residing in Hong Kong ... with their weather being different, your insights could turn out to be correct. Thinking back to earlier troll attacks, one was coming from a girl who has left HCMC and a Viet Kieu residing in the U.K. ...
  • Thanh Nguyen all these people sound so familiar
  • Kenn Smith Yes, Thanh, they should ... they don't live in Saigon, but often feel the attraction to jump on posts of this page in order to make "anti-social, quarrelsome, and half-witted" remarks smile emoticon Since I am already giving away a tie, I don't want to have to spring for the postage as well to send it to a troll who will never give me the benefit of actually wearing it in our main market area.
  • Kris Goetghebeur I can only think of one troll in my friendlist, sorry Mario Jukic ... smile emoticon
  • Kenn Smith Ha ha ha! Kris ... that's great!!! Sorry, Mario, to be laughing at your pain, my friend ... So, now that you've been nominated, do you think you can get your friends behind your candidacy with some likes?
  • Mario Jukić Not sure that I have ever trolled you Kenn or anyone else however by Kris's nomination we can see who the real troll might be.. Thanks guys..
  • Kenn Smith Another Personal Message just came in from a friend who likes paisley ties and would love to have this one. He's not really a troll, he's just Scottish and a bit misunderstood ... but actually from Paisley! And since having his suit ruined yesterday from yellow paint splatters while riding through Saigon traffic, perhaps he could be our first Ogre nominated ... he even sounds a bit like Shrek ... can anyone here guess the ogre's name and tag him? grin emoticon
  • Kenn Smith You've never trolled me or anyone else I've known, Mario ... that's why I had to laugh when Kris nominated you. Perhaps he just thought you might enjoy a beautiful new tie. And I would not mind meeting for some beers to deliver it to you ... some of the real trolls might not be so much fun to drink with!
  • Jeremy Miller Thanh Nguyen – About Chris Fox I was thinking along similar lines. Where the hell would he wear it? The Baskin Robbins? There really aren't a lot of great places in Can Tho to wear a tie (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, can't stand em myself. Wearing one feels to me like getting choked by a really weak guy)...
  • Jeremy Miller What about Oatmeal??
  • Jeremy Miller I hearby nominate Joey Arnold aka 'the Original Oatmeal' to win da tie. He lives in Saigon and I'm sure he'd come to your shop and grant you a brief interview/acceptance speech. Post it on here it would be fun. smile emoticon

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3X1udKNLyw
  • David Lyonz Is that Joey "damned monkeys" Arnold ? grin emoticon
  • David Carroll Oatmeal! At least he's not a jerk like JB.
  • Thanh Nguyen his Facebook ID is now as Ja English tongue emoticon
  • Jeremy Miller I didn't even realize how freakin' hilarious that video was when I posted it. Watch minute 2 to 3 when he touches on McDonalds, Coca Cola, how to make the students fall in love with you, and how to start a family with one even if she is dumb like a sheep. 

    I can't wait until I have time to learn what other 8 things an ESL teacher needs!
  • Lan Truong Simon, suggest no.6.Goat Shower Milk from David for Joey! 😛
  • Kenn Smith Thank you all for your amazing participation! I am very pleased that even though some of the comments were a little mean-spirited that at least no one really got too out of hand. It's a bit fun to throw political correctness out the window once in awhile ... wish we could do so permanently. But now, back to business ... it would appear that we have a pretty clear winner ... one whose nomination came in the waning moments of the contest, but picked up the needed momentum to carry on to victory! (Wow! If we could only cue this with old Monday Night Football Theme Music and get it announced by Howard Cosell, we'd really have something!) ... the Winner and New Champion of the Tag A Troll Contest is..... Joey Arnold! (or whatever his current pseudonym du jour might be) smile emoticon Congrats!!!
  • Thanh Nguyen awww.... he must wear this tie at his class... once he received it!!!
  • David Carroll Yes! Let's hope that Joey Original Oatmeal does a video sportin' his new tie. Maybe he will wear it in his next instructional dance video. wink emoticon
  • Kenn Smith Wow! He dances, too!!! That I've got to see ... do you think he can do a video to teach us The Hustle ... it's been too many years since my adolescence when that dance was popular; so I've forgotten it grin emoticon
  • David Lyonz I still woulda paid good money to see JB wearing it
  • Thanh Nguyen Justin Beiber?
  • Lan Truong I like his haircut wink emoticon
  • Lan Truong Bieber * smile emoticon
  • Kenn Smith David Lyonz, JB would have stood a better chance if he'd done a YouTube Video ... I really think that is what gave Joey the edge in this very close competition smile emoticon
  • Kenn Smith Thanks Lula! Until you posted that photo, I had not realized how much of a resemblance there was between Joey and the young pop star! If we could photo shop Joey's glasses on this photo, we might discover twins separated at birth wink emoticon
  • David Lyonz "Give your students your contact information, your email, your phone number, your address" .... a copy of your house key, your chatroulette username. Omg i'm going to remix that video tonight. That is gold !

No comments:

Post a Comment