Saturday, July 25, 2015

Joey Arnold in the Crazy Hospital with His Vietnamese Wife & the Dark Side of Grammar


Ok, I'll admit, this isn't intrinsically funny but it IS brilliant (in my humble opinion). A Vietnamese son, linguist and tattoo artist, Phuc Tran shines a light on a little known/oft ignored aspect of the Vietnamese language that potentially explains a major source of frustration for many of us expats. Cogent, clear eyed and refreshingly honest, I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts...
Classicist and tattooer Phuc Tran grew up caught between two languages with opposing cultural perspectives: the indicative reality of Vietnamese and the power to image endless possibilities with English. In this personal talk, Tran...
NPR.ORG|BY TED RADIO HOUR
At the Crazy Hospital in D5 to find out if me and my fiance are crazy.... I wasn't before I came here but this place definitely makes you khung khung dien dien !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment