Friday, November 3, 2017

Racist 02

Manage
Jonathan Neal
Jonathan Neal Joey Arnold, I don't know. The whole time I was there, the schools I worked at handled all my visa stuff for me. Even after having officially left my last employer in Vietnam, they were still kind enough to handle the renewal for me so I could hang around in the country for a bit. It was literally just a process of giving them my credentials, my passport and then picking everything up when it was done. As a result, I am probably not as knowledgeable as I should be about the process, having lived there for years. Have you talked to any professionals? I saw several people trying to reach out to you in the thread of your other post..

As for your comment above, I agree there's definite value in not agonizing over your creative projects as just getting them out there. At the same time, in the video Vitaly posted above, not only is there misinformation but a lot of the things you say/comparisons you make come off sounding pretty bigoted. This is a shame because in the almost five years that I've at least been happening upon your posts in this group, although you've said some stuff that I've found bizarre, I've never seen anything that would give me any indication of your having bad intentions toward anyone. This video sends the wrong idea, therefore. And although, as I said above, I find it funny, a lot of people might not. What I find even more troubling is even the remote possibility of anyone happening upon this video and taking any of what you said seriously.

I get that some company was paying you to make random videos at short notice, but still, man. I mean I'm not very good at accents either, but if someone pulled me off the street and said 'here's a wad of cash, talk about regional dialects'. I'd probably put the IPA on the board and point out some of the differences that I was aware of/could produce, and then maybe I'd talk about some of the slight variations in word stress/assimilation patterns between British and American English, maybe I'd talk above some of the regional differences in vocabulary; If I knew who my target audience was going to be, I might then address some of the common pronunciation errors we encounter from people with that L1. I'd probably finish off with a quiz or game of some sort that they could play along with from home or maybe a pronunciation drill of some sort.. At least this way I'd be trying to give them something of value; students would walk away having learned some new vocabulary or having practised their pronunciation, rather than leaving with the notion that all american black people sound like Will Smith and English people are fond of tea.

You see what I mean?
Remove
Jonathan Neal
Jonathan Neal Joey Arnold, I don't know. The whole time I was there, the schools I worked at handled all my visa stuff for me. Even after having officially left my last employer in Vietnam, they were still kind enough to handle the renewal for me so I could hang aro...See More
Remove
Joey Arnold
Joey Arnold Jonathan Neal, I disagree. I stand by it. I am Trump. Call me a bigot. Call me a racist. I say what I want. What I said is true. You are mistaken. I made generalities. And generalities are true, generally. There are exceptions. There are tons of variations to accents in different regions. But it is hard to remember them all. You can remember Will Smith. You can remember the crocodile hunter. You can remember Jackie Chan. You can remember the queen or king of England. You can remember hillbillies and Californian surfers. Hate me. Tell everyone I suck. But I still believe in what I said. I profile. I call it profiling and NOT discrimination and NOT racism. Life is funny. People are funny. People are characters. That is real life. That is not racism. That is expression. That is opportunity. That is life. And life is amazing. And we are so politically correct nowadays. That is why Trump won. Because Americans hate how fake people are. People are afraid of offending others. People are afraid of being called a racist. So, we become beta people. So beta. Too beta instead alpha males and alpha females. What I said is all true. I will not stop doing what I do. You need to kill me to stop me. I don't care what people think about me. I do what I think is better. I am calling it like I see it. And bad things should not be funny. If what I did was funny, then I hope what I did was not bad. And if what I did was bad, then that should not also be funny. Please don't say it was funny but bad. I think and feel and believe it was good and funny.
Manage
Jonathan Neal
Jonathan Neal I stand corrected.
Remove
Joey Arnold
Joey Arnold Do I need an exit visa and pay an overstay fee, too?
· Reply · 1 hr
Manage
Bao Thien Weigert
Bao Thien Weigert You can become a monk than you can say to the police I did it in the name of god
· Reply · 1 hr
Remove
Bao Thien Weigert
Bao Thien Weigert More likely is that you become a prisoner

No comments:

Post a Comment