Saturday, August 8, 2015

doc4


  • Larry Bernier This is LLOONGGG.. Since we are on the beat up f.V. Hospital again, here is a letter I wrote to the director after minor surgery out patient surgery for which they billed my insurer $3000... To put the anger expressd in the letter in cont...See More
    14 hrs · Edited · Like
  • Ed Bews Been to FV many times - wife had both babies there, kids had to go there a number of times for accidents - everything was fine BUT we had comprehensive medical insurance so FV were pleased to be able to bill huge amounts to the insurer each time. Friend had meningitis, she spent a few weeks in ICU at FV after I found her practically dying in Cho Ray just left in a ward with hundreds of people - FV saved her life but again she had comprehensive medical insurance. Seems insurance makes a difference as they can bill high.
    15 hrs · Like · 2
  • Lee Coward Isn't there an government organisation like "watchdog" that deals with these issues, there seems to be a lot of interest here? I personally would love to sue these bastards, they did me for around 10,000 USD!
    15 hrs · Like · 2
  • Robert Benjamin Ott III I'm fairly certain medical malpractice isn't a developed concept in Vietnam, meaning they can act with impunity.
    15 hrs · Like · 1
  • Ed Bews David Carroll - wife had problems with second pregnancy - second child born 6 weeks early and spent a week in ICU at FV, they were great. And they were pleased to bill the insurer $18k. I paid $400 all in.
    15 hrs · Edited · Like
  • Tarrin Buttimer Thanks for all the kind words re my recovery. 

    Sean Dunn you're right, everyone here, and people who are yet to come need easy access to health care information. A google search puts FV first, that's not a good thing for travellers. 


    I've got a bit of free time ahead of me. I'll see what I can do when I get a bit more mobility.
    15 hrs · Like · 1
  • Ed Bews On another note re insurance: I had to have a major operation last year, I did not trust a hospital in Vietnam to do it so called my insurance (Interglobal) and asked them to arrange it in Singapore. They arranged everything, letter of guarantee to hospital in Singapore, told me I could research and choose the surgeon. Booked the operation, asked if i wanted flights and hotel arranged - arranged 5* hotel 1 minute from Mount Elizabeth Hospital. 1 week later I had the op, spent a week in Singapore, the insurer called me 4 times to see if everything was ok, if i needed any help. They then paid the $14k bill within a week. Paid for follow up visits to Singapore twice. Insurance is a life saver and well worth the hefty premium.
    15 hrs · Edited · Like · 5
  • David Carroll 18k! Ouch. I better look into our insurance. Sounds like they want to see payment before any work. James Paul Fraser (in here & saigon jam bands) said they kept his 35mil and sent his wife off to Tu Do which wasn't that close in an emergency.
    15 hrs · Edited · Like · 1
  • Ed Bews You can agree the price in advance if you dont have insurance, they have different packages but if anything goes wrong...ICU was about $700 a day. David - contact Quinn Miller
    15 hrs · Edited · Like · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment