Saturday, August 8, 2015

Tarrin Buttimer


This post is very long, I apologise. But reading could save you a lot of money and pain.
FV hospital are money grubbing incompetent thieves.
If you work there and are unaware of this culture, leave the place. If you are working there and aware of it, you need to find the most hideous and painful way to end your life to clean up the gene pool. You are scum.
7 weeks ago I suffered a severe leg fracture. Both bones broken just below the knee, fragments shattering everywhere. It's taken me 6 weeks to get to a place mentally that I have been able to assemble the picture of my ordeal.
1. I had to scream at the doctors and nurses after entering emergency to get one of them to even look at me whilst in a wheelchair groaning in pain. They then asked me to fill out entry paperwork before looking at my injury.
2. After the X-ray showed the severity of the injury they informed me I needed to wait 8 to 9 hours for surgery. I explained I hadn't eaten anything or drank a drop as I was on the way to breakfast when the accident happened. It was ok to operate now. I was to later find out that I have to pay an overtime fee after 7 pm. The exact time the surgery began.
3. During the wait in ED I began lapsing in and out of consciousness. Each time I'd awake some dick head would begin his sales pitch asking me to sign up for a 6 day package deal to cover my expenses. However, if I choose to be discharged early no refund is possible. The package does not include expenses incurred while I stay in emergency. An 8 hour stay in emergency costs quite a bit folks. While in pain and on morphine you'll happily sign over your house. I signed up.
4. The surgeon did a great job, only while at work he damaged the nerve that helps your foot work. I came out of the general anaesthetic in a world of pain. The incompetent nursing staff stood around me with a look of disbelief on their faces. One explained to me that we all feel pain differently and I must have a low threshold. I'm the opposite. I walked out of wisdom tooth surgery and into work the next day.
5. I spent the next five days in a world of terrifying pain. They only gave me morphine in very low doses. It's ineffective with nerve pain anyway. I yelled at the doctors and begged the nurses to end the pain. They were treating me for muscle and bone pain. Normally two days of morphine is enough. What type of medical retard gives a patient morphine and then watches him continue to scream in pain.
6. During one of my drug induced 15 minute comas someone went through my things and stole my hard drive and cash. Luckily I was wearing my watch. It could have only been a nurse. My room mate had just had a hip replacement.
7. At the end of the 6 day package a lady from administration entered my room, handed me the bill and informed me checkout time was 12 midday. It was 11 am. I was given the room at 7pm and figured check out at 5 was ok. So I'd arranged help to arrive at 4. The fine print is hard to read while in pain and drugged up on opiates. (the surgeon tried to convince me to checkout on day four. No refund if you do, but leave anyway) They watched me pack my things on crutches. I had to leave all my food gifts from friends as I didn't have a big enough bag.
8. The bill jumped another three million without explanation above my expectations. It took an hour of arguing to finally establish that they'd given me a bag of medication (without consultation). I tried to figure out what the drugs were using Google. A group gathered around me to watch. No one offered assistance, they only concentrated on selling me the meds. I was able to cut out two thirds of the crap using Google. They then accused me of stealing two ice packs. My queries about my property were dismissed. But I had to empty and repack my bag, by myself, to prove I wasn't a scumbag thief like themselves.
I spent four weeks drugged to the eyeballs in my bedroom on the prescribed tramadol, writhing in pain before eventually listening to my girlfriend and going to a local Viet hospital. As soon as they saw me enter the hospital they ran over with a wheel chair.
My girlfriend explained the situation and I was immediately rushed into a ward to check my blood flow and nerve response. It took them 1 hour to figure out my issue and began medicating me appropriately.
Unfortunately I was addicted to the opiates by the time I walked in. Plus the nerve control medication needs a few days to reach therapeutic level. By day four in the hospital I'd lost faith in VN completely and had my girlfriend and family organise a flight to Australia.
I went to emergency straight from the airport. The doctors did their check and were in complete agreement with the Viet hospital doctors. The only thing they could do for me was give my family members instructions on how to get me off the opiates. Two days later I was beginning to feel relief. If only I'd stayed in the Viet hospital I'd still have 4k aud in the bank. If only I'd listened to my girlfriend from the word go and left FV Hospital after the first couple of hours I'd have a lot more cash and other things still in my possession.
FV Hospital and all who work there are the most incompetent scumbags on the planet in my opinion. Do Not go there. Familiarise yourself with the local hospital system. There are some very good ones around.

No comments:

Post a Comment